The practices and policies that are followed by KLM Airlines Flights
to ensure the protection of your personal information are stated below. We aim to protect any personal
information that is obtained when you use this website (www.klm-flight.com).
You are agreeing to the following policies and practices when visiting this website.
- Information collected by us
- Usage of your information
- Sharing of your information
- Your preferences and choices
- Protection of your information
- Privacy of Children
- External Links
- Contacting Us
The update date can be located by referring to the "Last Updated" section at the top of the page.
Information Collected by us:
Any information that is entered on the website or is given on telephone, e-mail, fax, etc. is stored. Stored information regarding your identification includes your first name, last name, telephone number, postal address, e-mail addresses, etc. In a few cases, the billing information (like credit card number, cardholder name, and expiry date) is also stored. The information about a traveler’s preference such as meal preferences, seat selections, frequent flyer/car/hotel information etc. might also be requested. You can opt for not providing such information but many services require to enroll you as a member or to purchase products or services, completing traveler profile, participating in surveys and contests, asking questions or initiating any other transactions.
When a person makes arrangements on behalf of another person through KLM Airlines Flights, then the travel preferences and personal information of the individual would be required in the name of which the bookings/arrangements are made. The consent of the individual whose information is being provided to www.klm-flight.com is required for the access to view or change the information is only available through the account of the person booking the flight.
Information from Other Sources:
We might also add information that is obtained periodically from our business partners and other independent third-party sources to our account information.
The Information includes:
Updated delivery information, Address information (which is used to correct records and facilitate proper delivery of travel information), Demographic information (which is used to understand the potential purchasing preferences of our customers),
Automatic Information (your computer-related information is automatically collected on visiting the Site). For Instance, the website collects your IP address, Software of Web browser (like Google Chrome or Internet Explorer), and the referring Web site. Information relating to your online activity may also be collected. One of the reasons behind collecting this automatic information includes our aim of customizing the user experience.
Other Web Technologies and Cookies:
How We Use Your Information:
Sensitive Billing information is used by KLM Airlines in order to complete your travel purchases. The sensitive billing information includes information like credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, etc. Other general information is also used for the following purposes:
- For providing products and services as requested
- For providing relevant travel confirmation and updates
- For managing your account
- For including processing bills
- For providing travel notifications
- For communicating with you in general
- For responding to your questions and comments
- For measuring your interest in our products and services
- For notifying about special offers, products, and services that you may like
- For otherwise customizing your experience with www.klm-flight.com.
- For rewarding through various reward and recognition programs that you may choose to join
- For soliciting information received (this information includes the information received through surveys)
- For collecting fees, resolving disputes, or for troubleshooting problems
- For preventing illegal or potentially prohibited activities
In any other way as may be described to you during the collection of the same.
Sharing your information:
Your information may be shared by www.klm-flight.com with the following entities: Suppliers include airlines, car rental agencies, hotels; cruises, etc. are those people/parties which fulfill your travel requirements. All services throughout www.klm-flight.com which are provided by a third-party supplier have been described in the same way. Your email address is not shared with these suppliers. However, we may if they require it for fulfilling any reservations done through www.klm-flight.com. The use of this information is restricted to that purpose. No limitations are placed on our suppliers for using or disclosing you’re other personal information. Hence, the reviewing of the Privacy Policies of the other travel suppliers (the products of whom you are buying through www.klm-flight.com) is encouraged by us. It is to be noted that you can also be contacted by these suppliers for obtaining any necessary or additional information which may be required to process your travel reservation. The third-party vendors are those vendors who are providing services and/or functions on our behalf. They include the vendors who are providing the services of (or relating to):
- Credit card processing
- Customer service
- Fraud prevention
- In response to court orders, subpoenas, or any other legal process for establishing or exercising our legal rights, for defending against legal claims, or as may be required by law. In cases like these, Delta Airline reserves all rights for raising or waiving any legal objections or rights that are available to us.
- In the case when we feel that it is necessary to prevent, investigate, or take action against illegal or suspected illegal activities for the protection and defense of rights, property, or safety of KLM Airlines Reservations, our customers, or others and also in relation to our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In case of a relation of a corporate transaction like a divestiture, consolidation, merger, or sale of assets.
- Aggregate and anonymous information might also be shared by us with third parties. These third parties include investors and advertisers. The information communicated does not contain any personal information. It is only used for the purpose of the development of content and services that you might find interesting according to us, the choices that you can make with respect to the collection and usage of your information.
Protection of your information:
We strive at the protection of any information provided and aim at making you feel comfortable in dealing with KLM Airlines. It is not possible to assure guarantee about the security, the website still has implemented several technical, administrative, and physical security techniques as well as procedures which aids in the protection of your personal information provided to us. For instance, personal information can only be accessed by authorized employees that too only for permitted business operations and functions. We also use encryption when any sensitive personal information is transmitted between our system and yours.
Unauthorized people are prevented from gaining access to your information by the deployment of firewalls and other intrusion detection systems.
Children's Privacy KLM Airlines Flights.com does not sell travel-related services that can be purchased by children. If any child who is under the age of 13 years sends information, then we use the information only for responding directly to the child.
The child is informed about or needs to have parental consent before receiving the personal information.
At no point in time is your credit card information or any other details like login name, or password, there is an insecure or unsolicited e-mail or also telephone communication. Emailing or calling you in response to your inquiry for service is only done. We lay great concern about Phishing or Identity theft. We also prioritize the safeguarding of information so as to protect you from phishing. You can visit www.klm-flight.com to obtain more information about phishing.
Accessing and changing the Account:
The information about the order placed will be provided by www.klm-flight.com to you or anyone else who is mentioned in your account as a contact. The information provided will or can include the following:
- Information regarding the nature and status of the order
- Information provided for processing the order
- Payment information
- Contact information
Information about your order in cases of some products may also be provided to other individuals who are mentioned in the order. For responding to a subpoena or for complying with the laws, the information might also be provided to a third party. The users have access and the ability to update the personally identifiable information. The personal account profile can be visited any time by logging and clicking on the "My Account" link. My Account gives the ability to;
- Review and update the Contact Data
- To remove the Personally Identifiable Information.
Such data or a part of it may be maintained by www.klm-flight.com in its archives even after the information being removed from the site.
Security of Personal Information Collected:
We are committed to the security of data. We have the latest devices for encryption and security. Besides, in order to secure and safeguard the information collected, we have also implemented electronic, physical, and managerial procedures. The transmitting of personal and Credit card information is done by our secure servers. There is no guarantee of 100% security with respect to the information that is transmitted to or from your devices to our site and the information is provided at your own risk. Hence, the liability for loss, theft, unauthorized access, interception of your data is disclaimed by us. You acknowledge and assume all these risks by using this site.
Gathered Personal Information:
We collect your personal and travel information based purely on your bookings. We collect details like your full name, contact information, residential address, email address, fax number, and billing information during member registration and online bookings. We also require information with regards to your preferences in terms of the preferred airline, destination, and travel period. These informative details are of key importance to ensure the correct booking. Rest assured we preserve all information with the highest levels of safety and security.
We also automatically gather information about your computer details including the server, IP address, referring website, and browser. This information is gathered for no other reason than to ensure your protection from fraud.
We use your personal information like name and contact details to process your bookings, send confirmations, manage your account, and provide other essential notifications about your bookings. We also use your information for sending promotional emails and offers, so that you can take advantage of all of our travel-related opportunities.
The most important information collected is your billing details which include your credit card or payment transaction details. We understand the sensitivity of disclosing this information; however, we cannot avoid collecting these details for the purpose of processing your travel bookings. The card number, cardholder name, expiry date, and the card verification value number at the back of the card are essential, but we ensure to restrict the use solely for your bookings.